Friday, November 16, 2007

New Baby

Welcome to the world Conner David!!!!!

Conner was born Wednesday, Nov. 14, at 10 a.m. He weighed 7 pounds, 15 ounces, and was 20 inches long. Baby, Mom and the rest of the family are doing fantastic!

I headed up to the hospital to visit and bring presents. Nathan and Scott were, of course, running around like the village idiots. In between runnings, however, Nathan kept demanding to hold the baby. He did a pretty good job....unfortunately, he doesn't always understand that when he done holding the baby, he needs to let someone know, rather than just letting go. This is why someone sits with him while he holds the baby. It's a learning curve for him, I'm sure. The last time he was around a baby was when Scott was born, and he was just 2 at the time.

Julie is looking great (if you are reading this: yes you are...don't argue!), if a bit tired. But then again, I hear labor does that to you. Not that I'd know from experience or anything, but that's the word on the street. And of course, when I mean streets, I mean those little fake streets they have there at the zoo. (10 bucks if you can name the quote).

For baby gifts, I decided on a new, bigger and more stylish diaper bag than the one she had for Scott, a couple of panda bear binkys (of course) and John Deere baby toys (another given). I think Scott will be playing with the tractor keys more than anyone...he was very excited about them.

I told Julie that I think I like having kids this way. Someone else does all the work, and I just get the good stuff, like playing and cuddling and all that jazz.

And, speaking of babies...........congratulations to Amanda and Toby!!!!!!! Lucas will be a big brother in July!!! It's all very exciting! Hopefully, Lucas will have updated his blog by then.....

Other than that, just trying to get ready for Thanksgiving!! So much to do, so little time to do it. Dierks Bentley and Jack Ingram are in town tonight. I may try to head over there if I can find someone to go with me....it sucks when most of your friends are married with kids, or just don't like country enough to go to a concert with you.

No comments: