Tuesday, January 2, 2007

A Really Long Post....read it, the story about me trapped in a dress is worth it!

Wow...I'm glad the holidays are over. It's been an incredibly busy two weeks!

Saturday, the 23rd - Shopping all day with Rachel....and she bought 2 pairs of jeans. It's an event when Rachel buys jeans. She only does that about once a decade. She probably tried on 50 pairs of jeans before deciding which ones to purchase. I bought a dress and a pair of shoes to match.

I was planning to wear it that evening to Aaron and Callie's wedding. However, I made the mistake of trying on a different dress at home, and found out that the zipper was stuck through the fabric. And it wouldn't zip up all the way, or zip down so I could get it off. After a frantic phone call for suggestions on how to get out of being trapped in a dress, I finally just took a pair of scissors and cut myself out. It was quite the sight.

Saturday night - Callie and Aaron's wedding. It was beautiful. And weird. For dinner, we had pancakes and breakfast casserole. And Callie walked down the aisle to "Wouldn't It Be Nice" by the Beach Boys. I wouldn't expect anything less from that group.

Sunday - Christmas Eve service. I ran video for the a.m. services. It went spectacularly.

Monday - Christmas Day. I made my dad cry, he was so moved by what I got him for Christmas. I get the Daughter of the Century award.

Tuesday-Friday - We only had 2 kids all week in my class. I used the opportunity to repaint my classroom, and add bright color accents. It looks amazing now.

New Year's Weekend - I cleaned a lot. Not much else exciting for the party weekend.

For Christmas, I received seasons 2 and 3 of Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman. So, I have been in a Superman zone for the last two weeks. Dean Cain is a great Superman. And, while he's nice looking as Superman, he's really hot as Clark Kent...the hottest Clark Kent I've ever seen.

And to use a term my sister has just invented: I think I was just Willoughby-ed today. Read Sense and Sensibility if you don't know who Willoughby is.

No comments: