Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Well, let's go on a journey of the last few days in the life of me.......

First off....I have a bazillion stories due for the paper. It's busy time, but it also means money! As is the babysitting thing. Busy time to babysit, but again, it's money.

To complicate matters further, the ice storm of the century hits. And my house loses power. After trying to tough it out with no power, which also means no heat, in my little apartment, I decide to abandon ship and go to my sister's house, which has power. On the way to said house, however, my beautiful Neon gets stuck in the snow....in the parking lot. How sad is that!

My sister agrees to come over and help me dig it out, but calls a few minutes later, saying that her parking lot hasn't been plowed yet and she can't get out either.

I then call Todd and Julie, who agree to come rescue me and take me their house. When Todd arrives in his 4x4, he asks if we can make a quick stop at the firm to pick up a few files. When we get there, Todd decides that it's a great time to do doughnuts in the parking lot. However, he didn't tell me we were doing that...doughnuts by surprise are quite scary at first.

After we left Gates, Wise and Schlossler, we head out, and come across a tree that is down, blocking the road. This is when Todd asks, "Do you think we can make it?" and proceeds to drive through the tree branches. That's right. Through a tree.

My power is back on now, finally....yay!

To make the weekend just that much better, a sheet of ice about 2 foot wide, 4 foot long and at least 3-5 inches think fell off of my car yesterday morning, and landed on my knee. My leg is now a gross shade of black.

But...if I have to be stuck inside during a snowstorm, the Goebels house is the place to be. The kids were competely cracking me up all night long!

So, the power is on, I have heat, my stories are done, and none too soon, because everyone around me is getting sick, kids, parents, teachers, my sister, etc. Time to start doing shots of Airbourne.

No comments: