Sunday, February 11, 2007

Obama...and wind burn

Yesterday, I went to see Sen. Barack Obama announce that he was running for president. My sister's friend Carrie was able to get us tickets so we were in the 'preferred seating' area, not just out on the street with the other 17,000 people that were there.

We got there at about 8:30...and it was 11 degrees. Even wearing multiple layers, it was flippin' cold outside! Thank goodness for the handwarmers and feet warmers I had bought the night before at Dick's Sporting Goods...five dollars well spent!

Here is my sister and I, freezing our butts off!



Barack Obama...announcing that he's running for president. Yes, we really were that close.



The snipers on the roofs around us, in case someone wanted to shoot Obama. I don't think I have ever seen snipers on roofs in Springfield before.



After the announcement stuff was over, we started walking back and Brian, a friend of April's friend Carrie who was with us, was saying that he had never been to Springfield's capitol building, as he is from Michigan..and had never really been to Springfield before. (He goes to Ill. Wesleyan). So...we had to stop at the capitol so he could see the rotunda and stuff.

Upon entering, I had to stop and check out the photo of my favorite politician....State Treasurer Alexi Giannoulias. Hey, he's 30, single, and mighty nice looking.....




Laying on the floor looking at the Rotunda with Carrie and Brian....



All in all....good morning. Even though it took me hours to finally thaw out...my face is still wind burned. And my ankles hurt from standing on tip toe for hours.

I need some hot chocolate now.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

but you aren't going to vote for him, right?